.My JOURNAL 69: FEELING GOOD.

by - 8:53 PM





When I'm at work, I always carry this book that I bought early this month, it's called "FEELING GOOD (new mood therapy)" by David Burn. Frankly I was not planning to buy a book that day in the bookstore (one of stores in my job) but I was really having a stressful day and I just need something to ease my mind from my frustration. While I was browsing, I kept thinking "I need something to calm me down right" then I saw this book and I immediately purchase it.

The first time I was reading the book, I was hooked and amazed how this book really helped me handle my mood swings, feeling guilty all the time, overcoming my perfectionism and deal with criticism from other people. This book taught me about how to change my ways from thinking negatively to positive and build self-esteem just being myself. The first few chapters of the book, Dr. Burns discuss about 10 Cognitive Distortions (self-defeating thoughts) that people with depression do.

 - All-or-Nothing Thinking
- Overgeneralization
- Mental Filter
- Disqualifying the Positive 
- Jumping to Conclusions 
- Magnification and Minimization 
- Emotional Reasoning 
- Should Statements
- Labeling and Mislabeling 
- Personalization.

I think I have 4 out of 10 Cognitive Distortions that the doctor was talking about overgeneralization, jumping to conclusions, labeling and mislabeling, and personalization. He also talked about anxiety, guilt, low self-esteem, procrastination, and ways to overcome perfectionism.



Although I'm not done reading the book, I recommend this book to some people who thinks nobody in this world love/care/understand them and everything happening in their lives are just unfair and misfortune events.     The more you read the book, the more you can help and feel good about yourself.

Well that all for now..

I need to sleep early today. I have to wake up 3:00 am tomorrow


Until next time,




You May Also Like

0 comments