Saturday, April 7

.My JOURNAL 66 : My SAD things...




I just want to share my not so short post about my social anxiety today. For those people who don't know me in real life, I have a social phobia disorder (social anxiety). I get this feeling of nervousness, overthinking, self-conscious, and just in a panic mode at the same time.


"What are the symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder?
Social anxiety is the fear of social situations and the interaction with other people that can automatically bring on feelings of self-consciousness, judgment, evaluation, and inferiority.

Put another way, social anxiety is the fear and anxiety of being judged and evaluated negatively by other people, leading to feelings of inadequacy, embarrassment, humiliation, and depression."
                                                                   
                                                                            - social-anxiety-network.com



One day, while I'm doing my usual procrastination at tumblr, I stumble upon this image quote:





Suddenly I felt like "yes, this quote is about me" I understood what it meant and I'm not the only one who felt this way before. I found more quotes that I really believe that I can relate on
http://socialanxietythings.tumblr.com (so check it out)













People who are just like me with social anxiety, get so irritated quickly and the thoughts&thefeelings that we get usually don't go away so easily even though we have to face our fears on a daily bases. The more people tell me to "take it easy", the more it's impossible for me to relax and go with the flow when I'm around people. Suddenly my heart beats faster, and I keep shaking my hands like I need to have something to keep my hands busy. It's really hard to explain my anxiety sometimes especially the people I'm really close with and it always leads to misunderstanding. People might think I'm a easily go lucky person sometimes, but people don't know I'm already having social anxiety in my mind when I'm in a social situation. I just can't handle it sometimes.

Well that's all for now..

It really took me a lot of courage and time to finally share this personal thoughts about my anxiety with you guys and if ever I met new friends in the future, I'm hoping they can accept me for who I am.
 (Jeez I'm that emotional dramatic. ~.~)


Want some cookies??

Byebye. 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment